Exporting and Importing a Wizard
If you own more than one site, you may want to use the same wizard in two or more of them. To do so, you first export the
wizard to your desktop as a compressed file and then import it to the other site(s) where you plan to use it.
Exporting a Wizard
To export a wizard as a compressed file, access the Wizards tool and follow these steps:
- If the Wizards home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Find the wizard you want to export.
- Click the Export link below the name of the wizard. Sakai displays the Opening File window.
- Follow the instructions.
- Upload the compressed file to Resources.
Importing a Wizard
To import a wizard from your desktop as a compressed file, access the site to which you want to import it and follow these
- Add the file to Resources.
- Access the Wizards tool. If the Wizards menu bar is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Click the Import button on the menu bar. Sakai displays the Import Wizard screen.
- Click Select files. Sakai displays the Select Item screen.
- Select the compressed file for the wizard by following the instructions given for selecting an item. After you click Finish,
Sakai displays the Import Wizard screen again.
- The name of the file you chose is displayed in the Name box.
- Click the Import button. Sakai imports the file from the Resources area and redisplays the Wizards home page. The imported
wizard is listed there. It has the same name and instructions as it had on its original site. Or, to return to the home page
without importing the file into the Forms tool, click Cancel.
Regardless of the state (published or unpublished) of the wizard on the original site, it is always imported in the unpublished